Sunday, December 23, 2012

sunrise rolls    vietnam restaurant in Berlin  4 Euros



Last week I went to Berlin for 6 days to write along with my friend Ramiro Torres an opera about Godzilla, as expected Berlin was cold and cloudy. We meet in an apartment Ramiro rented for out time day, It turned to be  an apartment with gay decoration, although I am a gay friendly guy  I got impressed by such fancy artsy gay images,  which I found so fun and crazy to see, I guess  my gay friends will be always crazier than me.
To start writing an opera was a big task, Ramiro is a play writer, I’m a scenographer and director but we have never done this before, We took the idea of the project thinking that we had enough experience in our fields, and it would be interesting to write an opera of a monster that is 300 meters tall, spits fire and is indestructible. Wow, what a task how would we do that? we knew our disadvantage of not knowing  how to write an opera in the traditional way, would be an advantage rather than a handicap, and we had to decide how to make the opera , what would be the main story. 
We decided to base it in the first movie but with actual stories of the making of Godzilla, and not to base it entirely in all the movies.
While writing the opera every day, we had a chance to go to some places in Berlin, like a party from my friend Lisa Borges; she made a magazine and was the opening party of a beautiful well crafted magazine.   We also saw Tannhäuser the Wagner opera, in the deutsche oper, it was really perfect to see something refreshing and not so expensive, it was amazing the singers and it had 6 minutes applause, a wonderful production.  
I kind of walked around the city for a while looking at the nice west and east part of the city which it is a great contrast. I love Berlin because it always gives you surprises in every corner, you actually feel alive there, and it is fantastic the way Berliners are.
Lovely Berlin, I miss you already








No comments:

 1 am. 24 january 2021 corona virus is still on the mood to swipe every single stupid people in the world. and old too. It has been a while ...